Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mascot Match-Up : Week Three

Update: This week was a week of upsets! I went 3-7! yikes!

#14 Georgia Tech Yellowjackets @ #20 Miami Hurricanes

A measly little yellowjacket has no chance against a hurricane; even a storm as weak as a category 1. These pesky flying insects need to call FEMA!

Tennessee Volunteers @ #1 Florida Gators

The only mascots that can beat a Gator are the ones with guns; and unless we have a disgruntled volunteer, I do not see this being a good fight.

#19 Nebraska Cornhuskers @ #13 Virginia Tech Hokies

A proud farmer against a turkey. No brainer-the turkey is dinner.

#18 Utah Utes @ Oregon Ducks

I had to look up what Utah's mascot was, because everytime I hear 'Ute' I think of My Cousin Vinny :-) Utah's mascot is a red-tailed hawk; so we have a match-up between two species of birds...hawk vs duck. Gotta go with the hawk on this one.


Florida State Seminoles @ #7 BYU Cougars

Cougars stalk their prey and once they set their eye on the prize they will wait patiently until the right time to move in for the kill. Never underestimate the power of a cougar.


Texas Tech Red Raiders
@ #2 Texas Longhorns

The rules of mascot match-up is to take all logic away and strictly look at the mascots; so obviously the mascot with the gun is going to take down the mascot that is an animal; no way around it. So I sure hope Raider Red eats his Wheaties on Saturday. Beef, it's what's for dinner.

#3 USC Trojans @ Washington Huskies

Armor clad soldiers on horses up against a Husky dog...really? Unless these dogs are some kind of "I am Legend' dogs, I really don't see this going too well. It will be a slaughtering.

Tulsa Golden Hurricane @ #13 Oklahoma Sooners

First off, is the name Golden Hurricane gross to anyone else? I think the Sooners are used to inclement weather being that it IS Oklahoma and all; so I predict that they own an umbrella and this will be like a stroll in the park for them.

Connecticut Huskies @ Baylor Bears

Wow, twice in one week we have Huskies; that doesn't happen to often. Those huskies better be wearing a suit of bear bells and be equipped with bear spray because they really do not stand a chance.

Tie-Break (give the score)
#23 Georgia Bulldogs 17 @ Arkansas Razorbacks 20

Wild hogs are pretty vicious. I did some research and attacks are not often fatal to humans, but may result in severe trauma, dismemberment, or blood loss. This is against a person; not an animal! With that being said, I think the razorbacks are going to fly under the radar and when the time is right they will attack the bulldogs and ultimately win!

1 comment:

Constance said...

As always, I love your logic! Jess, you have a great sense of humor!! I guess I know where you get it from!
Love, Mom