Monday, December 15, 2008

Sick Meatball...

UPDATE: Talked to Jacey's primary doctor and she said that with acute strep throat it is quite normal for it to get worse before it gets better. We need to keep an eye on it and if we see no improvement by Wednesday then they need to see her and talk about the next action.

Thank you all SO much for all of the phone calls and text messages asking how she is doing...you all are the greatest!


Our meatball is sick :( Sunday morning she woke up and told me her head hurt and her throat was sore so I ran and picked up some cold/ sore throat medicine from the grocery store and gave her some motrin and that was that. Around 3pm she told me it was still hurting so I looked at her throat and was shocked! Both of her tonsils were so inflammed; I had never seen something like that before! I had Steven look at it and he said immediatly, "You need to take her to a Primacare!" (or as I call it...Doc-in-a-box) So I throw her in the car and we go to Primacare...after 2 1/2 hrs of waiting we finally see the doctor.

They swab her throat and give us the results. The doctor told he she was "one tough cookie" because she had acute strep throat. The crazy thing is, you would never had known she was feeling sick, and definatly not that sick, by her demeanor. She wasn't complaining or whining, she was still happy-go-lucky meatball! They gave her some meds and said if we don't see improvement in 6 doses to call; due to the severity of the strep throat she may have to have her tonsils removed. He also told us that due to great amount of swelling that if breathing becomes an issue we need to take her immediatly to the ER.

By the time we got home we checked her throat again and this time her right tonsil was so swollen that her right side of the throat was completely shut and the swelling on the left had her throat 3/4 shut! We got some meds in her and really observed her. She fell asleep on the couch and thats when I started to get concerned. She was sucking in air, weezing, it just didn't sound right. Of course I am prone to overreacting so Steven kept me calm. We just kept a real watchful eye on her, and had her sleep in our room last night.

This morning she woke up, and once again, Happy-Go-Lucky-Jacey, so I figured when I checked her throat we would see a great amount of improvement....wrong. Her normal doctor gets in at 10am and I plan to call and get her recommendation. It just seems that this swelling is very severe and has me very concerned.

I will keep you posted!

No comments: