Friday, August 28, 2009

Jokes

This past Monday I lost my grandfather. It is still a little too fresh to talk about in length along with all of the feelings and emotion involved. I will write about that when I am ready.

But, I did want to share an awesome moment during all of this sadness.

We were all sitting around visiting with my grandma, reminiscing about my grandpa and we were all talking about how he loved to tell jokes. He always had a new joke for you when you saw him, and even while in the hospital he would tell jokes to all of the staff and doctors. Grandma then asked if I knew his favorite joke off all; which I didn't, so she proceeded to tell me.

"Did you hear about the two ships that collided? One was carrying red paint and the other one was carrying blue paint. Now both crews are marooned."

We all got a big kick out of that. A few hours later I received a text message from my very thoughtful brother-in-law, Les. He said he was sorry for my loss and had a joke for me to cheer me up; he proceeded to say:

"Did you hear about the two ships that collided? One was carrying...."

How awesome is that! He just told my grandfather's favorite joke, which I had NEVER heard until a few hours ago! I immediately had goosebumps; and when I shared that with the rest of my family they couldn't believe it either! It was like grandpa wanted us to hear that joke one last time!

1 comment:

Constance said...

You know, that is such a God thing!

Maybe it's God's way of giving you some peace and comfort!

Love, Mom